Wednesday, July 15, 2015

That Pie Looks Like Dog Food

Our friend made a beautiful pie; it was rhubarb.  So we gathered and chatted about her upcoming surgery and pie; 4 "olders" and one 13 yo, who wanted to serve it up.

This grand daughter was visiting and said, "What's rhubarb?" and we all looked at her.  Next she said, "it looks like dog food". To which I suggested she might not want to say that when the person who made it was sitting right there. Yet she insisted it did.

I watch this girl and remind myself she is young. She says such blunt things so easily and though I am amazed I wonder if I was that "direct" when I was her age. Was this is how my mother felt when she had her friends over?

Because our friend is going to have surgery I talk about the Healthy Chocolates and get excited about it. The 13 yo asks, how much is it, how much is it?

To which I should have said about a dollar a square or, how much is knee surgery? but I didn't and feel I  missed a good opportunity, because, isn't that what we all want to know?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Avatar Builder Test Runs

So I got all excited about Avatar Builder App and started building up some videos.  Here's what I've come up with so far.  What do y...